Formulated to remove the harmful and stubborn hydrocarbons, carcinogens and soils that become inbedded in fabric.
- Major fabric and fiber manufacturers like DuPont, Southern Mills, WL Gore and 3M have proven the product safe to use
- DuPont specifically recommends CitroSqueeze® to clean Nomex clothing
- Removes hydrocarbons and carcinogens from fabrics while maintaining integrity of gear
- Perfect for structural turnouts, Wildland clothing, boots (leather and rubber) and gloves
- Cost effective: cleaning with proper detergents will increase the life of Nomex/Kevlar clothing and turnout gear
- CitroSqueeze meets the NFPA 1851 Standard, is biodegradable, has near-neutral pH levels, and is environmentally safe and user-friendly
CitroSqueeze helps to maintain the protective quality of turnout apparel. It is the PPE cleaner that has been tested and proven safe by Dupont, Southern Mills, W.L. Gore & Assoc., 3M Products, Safety Components International, Inc., and CIBA Specialty Chemicals. Soiled and improperly maintained turnout gear seriously endangers the lives of firefighters and rescue personnel. Hydrocarbons from fire, smoke and ash become embedded in the protective fabrics, therefore reducing thermal protection which causes turnouts to absorb more radiant heat.
When exposed to the right situation these contaminants on PPE are flammable and a conductor of electricity rather than an insulator. Another factor is the carcinogens that become embedded in the fabric. These can easily be transferred onto the skin and eventually absorbed right into the bloodstream. CitroSqueeze is formulated to remove the harmful and stubborn hydrocarbons and soils resulting from fires and chemical spills, while maintaining the integrity of your turnout gear. CitroSqueeze meets the NFPA 1851 Standard, is biodegradable, has near-neutral pH levels, and is environmentally safe and user-friendly.